Sometimes in life we find we may feel it’s just easier to focus on the things we don’t have instead of the things we do have and for some, it’s hard to turn that around. Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I thought I’d put out a blog focusing on the positive and jotting down just 10 things that I am thankful for in hopes that others will read it, share it and post 10 thinks that they are thankful for.
I got this idea from Oprah who jotted down 100 different things she was thankful for and posted it to Positively Present, a blog written by Dani DiPirro. DiPirro blogs about supporting the idea that life is best lived if it’s lived right now with a positive attitude. “Be positive. Be present. This is your life.”
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
10 Random things that I am thankful for:
- Life: SO happy to be alive. Very thankful for that!
- My family: Love my family, love my husband, love my husband’s family, love my friends whom I consider family, and I love my work family.
- Health: Although I’m not in perfect health, I am healthier than some.
- Chocolate: Could have an impact on the above but I can’t help it!
- Wine: While we’re talking vices…..Thank you Kendall Jackson!
- Snow days: When work is cancelled and you can stay in your pajamas all day.
- Sunny days: At the beach or at work, I’m thankful for warm beautiful sunny days.
- My car: that gets me where I want to go when I want to get there.
- My dog: She may bark a lot…..A LOT…..and not 100% housebroken yet but I am thankful that she is always so happy to see me at the end of the day.
- I love that I live in New England and have 4 beautiful seasons to look forward to.
As I am typing, I’m realizing how I could go on and on writing about things that I am thankful for. It was actually hard to choose only 10. I’m sure I left out many things that should be on this list but know that just because they aren’t listed, doesn’t mean that I am not thankful for them.
So now it’s your turn. Can you list 10 things that you are thankful for in the comment section or on Facebook or just for yourself. It really does put things in perspective and reminds you what is important in life. Although my bank account doesn’t reflect it in any way, I am a very rich person in every way that counts.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!